SonomaSonoma, located between Petaluma and Napa, is only about 40 miles north of San Francisco. Sonoma is a world-renowned wine destination. Downtown Sonoma proper provides a small community with a charming and historic downtown plaza. The plaza is centered around a beautiful park with local shops, restaurants, and tasting rooms. The town is rich in history and bounded by breathtaking natural beauty seen in the vineyards and the mountains. Sonoma is primarily comprised of charming neighborhoods within walking distance of the plaza, but also has larger vineyard estates that sit outside of the downtown area. Other notable areas surrounding downtown Sonoma are Glen Ellen, Kenwood, Petaluma, Healdsburg, and Sebastopol.
What to Love:
- The Square (shops and restaurants)
- Farmers Market
- Close proximity to both San Francisco, and the beach.
- Classic and Rustic town
- Small, sophisticated homes, luxurious estates, ranches, and winery properties.
- Bucolic, diverse, and eclectic feel
- Sonoma Market
- The Girl and the Fig restaurant
- La Bamba Taco Truck
- Sonoma Mission Inn
- El Dorado Kitchen
- Original home and store of William Sonoma